Maximum Mileage. Maximum Ride.
Follow these guidelines and kick start an awesome journey on the road.
- Drive at steady speed.
- Maintain correct tyre pressure.
- Adjust drive chain tension correctly.
- Get your engine tuned and motorcycle serviced regularly by a Hero MotoCorp authorised workshop.
- Do not keep the clutch lever pressed while driving.
- Do not run the engine in low gear for long times.
- Do not park your motorcycle under direct sunlight as it causes evaporation of petrol.
- Do not keep brake pedal pressed while riding.
- Do not raise the engine rpm during traffic halts, switch “OFF” the engine if the halt is more than 30 seconds.
- Do not cover inlet of air filter assembly.
- Do not cover the engine in the front and sides. This may restrict the smooth air flow to the engine fins required for air cooling and the engine may run at a higher temperature.
In case you wish to have the fuel efficiency tested, please visit the nearest |Authorised Hero MotoCorp workshop and ask for a fuel efficiency test (KPL Test) done. Make any adjustments that are found necessary.
For Petrol Engine two/ three wheelers the current regulation requirement as follows:-
- Idle CO (Carbon Monoxide)% = 3.0 % (Max.)
- HC (Hydro carbon) ppm = 3000 ppm (Max.)
Vehicles which do not undergo a periodic maintenance are liable to emit exhaust gases more than the permissible limit.
Few Important tips to maintain low emission levels:-
- Clean spark plug and maintain specified gap between electrodes.
- keep the air filter clean.
- Get the carburetor tuned at authorized Hero MotoCorp Workshop.
- Do not overfill the engine oil and follow the replacement schedule.
- Avoid use of adulterated fuel.
- You should get the emission level certified once every 3 months at any of the authorized emission checking centres.