Check that the control cables do not interfere with the handlebar rotation.
Check for smooth action & maneuverability.
- Park the motorcycle on its main stand and raise the front wheel off the ground.
- check that the handlebar rotates freely from side to side.
- If the handlebar moves unevenly, binds, or has play, inspect and adjust the steering head bearings.
- Check for worn steering stem bearings by grabbing the front fork leg and attempting to move the front for side to side.
- Adjust/replace the bearings if any play is observed.