Clutch adjustment may be required if the motorcycle stalls when shifting in to gear or tends to creep or if the clutch slips causing acceleration to lag behind engine speed.
Normal clutch lever free play is 10- 20 mm at the lever.
To adjust the free play,
- Loosen the lock nut.
- Turn the adjusting nut to obtain the specified free play.
- Tighten the lock nut and check the adjustment
- Start the engine, press the clutch lever and shift into gear.
- Make sure the engine does not stall and the motorcycle does not creep.
- Gradually release the clutch lever and open the throttle.
- The motorcycle should start smoothly and accelerate.
If proper adjustment cannot be obtained or the clutch does not work properly, visit your Authorised Hero MotoCorp Workshop.
- Check the clutch cable for kinks or signs of wear that could cause sticking or failure
- Check for clutch cable model. Use genuine clutch cables.
- Check for clutch cable routing.